Monday, March 28, 2011

Explosion Box

I love making 3-D items and especially love making them for others. I was asked to make this box for a friend who has a friend that had a baby girl. So grab a coffee and have a seat to stay a while. It's a long post today!!


This is the outside of the box, nice and simply! On the front of the box base I have Love DSP (retired) on all 4 panels. On the box side flaps I tied Victoria Crochet Trim and Pretty in Pink 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon together.


For the top of the lid, I used the Welcome Baby from the Punch Bunch Sale-a-bration set. I stamped the stamp first in So Saffron ink and then smacked it on Rose Red ink to give it a fun look. I punched it out using the Large Tag punch in Whisper White card stock. I punched out Close to Cocoa (retired) card stock with the Extra-Large Tag punch. Popped them up on dimensionals. I added some more Victoria Crochet Trim and 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Pretty in Pink with a Chocolate Chip 5/8" Brad. I placed all this on Pretty in Pink card stock and then on Perfect Plum card stock. I also used my Cutter Kit on both layered card stock to give it that distressed look.


Here is the view of the inside of the explosion box. I stamped Congrats from the Level 1 Hostess set Silhouette Sentiments on the Whisper White card stock and allowed room for some writing.


The inside of the explosion box has 3 layers of flaps. Bottom layer is Close to Cocoa (retired), middle layer is Perfect Plum and top layer is Pretty in Pink. I used my 3/16" Corner Small Rounder on the corners of all flaps. All edging is distressed using the Cutter Kit.

I used the little bear from the stamp set Bear Hugs, stamped it in Chocolate Chip on the Pretty in Pink flap then re-stamped this image on DSP and cut out the booties, diaper and bib and glued them on the bear using the Anywhere Glue Stick. Then I stamped the flowers from the Bear Hugs stamp set randomly on the Pretty in Pink card stock using Rose Red classic ink.

This flap I used the larger photo corner of the Photo Corners Extra-Large punch for each corner with the Love DSP (retired). I added a bow using the Victoria Crochet Trim and 3 tags from the Jewelry Tags Medium punch and attached to the ribbon with a silver brad.

I drew lines for stems then added this cute buttons from the Sale-a-bration catalogue using Glue Dots. I then added a strip of Perfect Plun card stock crimped by using the Crimper. And added a paper clip.

I rounded 2 corners of a piece of Love DSP and sponged the edges with Rose Red then added it to the Pretty in Pink card stock. I punched out 2 butterflies using the Butterfly Extra-Large punch then stamped both with a stamp from the Sweet Summer Sale-a-bration stamp set.

I stamped the elephants from the stamp set Baby Steps in Basic Gray and Regal Rose classic ink and cut them out and adhered them with dimensionals to give them some pop. I stamped the flower from the Bear Hugs stamp set to give the background look.

I used 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1 1/4" circle punches and punched out several circles and adhered them to the Close to Cocoa card stock.

Added buttons from the Springtime Vintage and Sweet Stitches Designer Big Buttons from the Occasions Mini Catalogue. I added Hemp Twine to the smaller buttons. I adhered these using the Glue Dots.

Added 3 Clear Rhinestone Brads, 3/8" Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon and Hemp Twine to the Love DSP and adhered it to the Perfect Plum card stock. I stamped the duck from the Every Little Bit stamp set in So Saffron on Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the 1" Circle punch then sponged edge with Chocolate Chip ink. Adhered with dimensionals.

Punched the Spiral Border punch on the Perfect Plum card stock. Stamped the monkey, giraffe, and lion from the Fox & Friends stamp set in Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, and So Saffron classic ink. Punched them out using the 1 1/4" circle punch and adhered them with dimensionals. I added a Build-a-brad to the giraffe before adhering it.

I saw a cute baby carriage on someone blog and partially cased it. I used the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, I cut out 3 scallops to create an opening. I punched out the trim using the scallop border punch in Close to Cocoa card stock and trimmed accordingly. I added a bow using Hemp Twine. Wheels are made from Close to Cocoa punched out with the 3/4" circle punch and added Clear Rhinestone Brads and adhered them with dimensionals. The handle is made from the left over scallop.

Sorry for the blurry picture on this one -I added a strip of Love DSP and punched a border on both ends using the Eyelet Border punch. I stamped the baby sleeper from the stamp set A Slice of Life Level 1 Hostess set from the Occasions Mini Catalogue on the Love DSP and cut it out. I coloured some features on the sleeper in Rose Red. I popped it up with a dimensional.

I saw a baby wrapped in a blanket on some one's blog and created something similar. I punched out a 2" x 1 3/8" oval in Pretty in Pink and cut some off the bottom. I punched out 2 small leaves from the Blossom Petals Punch in Pretty in Pink. I sponged both leaves and oval in Regal Rose and a bit of Rose Red. I added some White Gel pen to both the leaves and oval. I punch out a 3/4" circle in Blush Blossom (retired) added a bit of sponging in Crumb Cake. I added some Rose Red for cheeks and some dots in the White Gel pen and the black marker for eyes. I adhered this on the oval. I added a button from the Sale-a-bration button & ribbon pack.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Punch Bunch S-A-B 121847W & 123211C; Silhouette Sentiments (Level 1 Hostess Set) 118474W & 120127C; Bear Hugs 116966W; Sweet Summer S-A-B 121849W & 123214C; Baby Steps 117092W; Every Little Bit 117096W & 120558C; Fox & Friends 117020W & 118565C; A Slice of Life (Level 1 Hostess Set) 121895W & 121952C
Card Stock: Close to Cocoa (retired); Perfect Plum; Pretty in Pink; Whisper White; Love DSP; Blush Blossom (retired)
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pad -Chocolate Chip 100908; Rose Red 101778; Regal Rose 105211; Pretty in Pink 101301; So Saffron 105213; Basic Gray 109120; Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler 105394; Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen 105021
Other Supplies: Victoria Crochet Trim 118481; 3/8" Taffeta Pretty in Pink Ribbon 109067; Hemp Twine 100982; Sponges 101610; Anywhere Glue Stick 104045; Glue Dots 103683; Dimensionals 104430; Crimper 101618; Mat Pack 105826; Paper-Piercing Tool 116631; Scallop Edge Border 119882; Eyelet Border 119853; Spiral Border 119872; 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Extra-Large 118874;3/16" Corner Small 119871; Jewelry Tag Medium 117190; Butterfly Extra-Large 119848; Photo Corner Extra-Large 119878; Extra-Large Tag 119866; Large Tag 119876; 2 x 1 3/8" Oval Extra-Large 119859; 1 1/4" Circle Large 119861; 1" Circle Medium 119861; 3/4" Circle Medium 119873; 1/2" Circle Small 119869; Blossom Petals Punch 121808; Springtime Vintage Big Designer Buttons 122301; Sweet Stitches Designer Big Buttons 122302; Ice Cream Parlor Buttons 123529 S-A-B; Clear Rhinestone Brads 113144; Build-a-brad 109128; 5/8" Jumbo Brad 112533; Silver Brad 104336

Don't forget -if you want to get in on the great SALE-A-BRATION, the last day is March 31. Click on the catalogue to the right and check it out. Go to my Stampin' Up! website (or click the SHOP NOW link on the right) to order. You need to place an order of $60 to receive one of these fabulous items for free!!! What a great deal so don't miss out!!!

Thank you for stopping by!! Have a great day!

Susie

2 comments:

Thoughts said...

That looks very familiar Susie! Fantastic job! I love it!

Justi R said...

That is pretty amazing and cute! Great job!